- 10 miles of river
- One day whitewater rafting
- One nights camping (night prior)
- 2 meals included (breakfast and lunch)
8:00 am: Breakfast. Meet, greet, and sign in with your head guide.
10:00 am: Trip Orientation, boat company vehicles for 30-min. drive to Put-In at Granet Dyke.
10:45 am: Launch your boats and begin river journey.
12:00-12:30 pm: Picnic lunch on banks of the river.
1:00 pm: Continue down river, enter a narrow canyon with more rapids.
3:30 pm: Take-Out; 10-min bus ride back to camp.
4:00 pm: Back at camp you may choose to shower before leaving for home. You should be ready to depart exhilarated and refreshed for your next destination by 4:00PM.
The night prior you have joined us for camping on the banks of the river, either in your own tent or one of our rentals.
A delicious breakfast starts the day, usually pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, juice, fresh coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Let us know if you have a special diet.
By 10:00AM we gather at the picnic tables for a thorough 30-minute presentation given by your Head Guide to discuss the safety features of the trip and demonstrate paddle techniques. After, you’ll meet your own guides, board our river vehicle and drive up to the Put-In at Garnet Dyke. Here you will launch your boats and begin rafting a couple of fun and easy rapids which will get you warmed up for Bonsai Hole, a large Class III+ rapid! After that, the rapids are continuous, and the current is swift.
Get ready for a hearty and nutritious picnic lunch on the banks of the river. Lunch includes a variety of deli meats, cheeses, breads, condiments, fruit, chips, cookies, lemonade, tea and water.
After lunch, we re-board our boats and continue rafting through several more Class II and III rapids. The scenery is beautiful, you will see very few people on the river, and by the time we get to the take-out you feel pleasantly relaxed and ready for the next activity of the day. We load the boats onto our trailers and board the Kings vehicles for the 10-minute drive back to camp.
Our photographer will present the slide show of the day’s rafting. In addition to purchasing photos of your trip, you may buy a souvenir t-shirt, and say farewell to the new friends you’ve made on California’s Kings River rafting trip. You should be ready to depart for your next destination by 4-4:30 P.M.
View River Rapids Map
- Choose Your Trip
- American River Rafting
- South Fork American River
- Half Day South Fork Trip-Chili Bar
- Half Day South Fork Trip-Gorge
- Full Day Entire South Fork Trip
- Full Day South Fork Trip-Lower Gorge
- Full Day South Fork Trip-Chili Bar Run
- Two Day South Fork Trip – Gorge & Chili Bar
- Two Day South and Middle Fork Trip
- Two Day South and North Fork Trip
- Two Day Wine and South Fork Trip
- Middle Fork American River
- North Fork American River
- Merced River Rafting
- Kings River Rafting
- Tuolumne River Rafting
- Directions and Packing Lists
- Rafting in Northern California
- River Flows
- Rafting Rates and Dates
- Rafting Special Prices, Deals, and Discounts
- Mariah Camp – Tent Cabins and Rentals
- Area Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guest Reviews and Testimonials
- Rafting Reservations
- Mariah Guides and Staff
- South Fork Photo Gallery
- Middle Fork Gallery
- Sitemap – Mariah Wilderness Expeditions
- Contact Us